Done for New Years?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

splat

Reaction score
Ok, I brewed up a batch of Dead Guy Ale Clone on Dec 14th....I had planned on putting it into the secondary after 2 weeks or so. But now we are having a New Years Eve Party and I am kinda light on beer. I have 3/4 a keg of Amber Ale on tap, and some Mr. Beer in bottles that is just "ok."....My question is, if I leave my Dead Guy in the Primary till the 29th, and keg and force carb it for 2 days will it taste horrible? I did this recipe once already, and went to a secondary for 3-4 weeks and it was GREAT, everyone loved it at the last party....What do you think? Keg it up and drink it, or save it so I know it will be good?

cheezydemon

Reaction score
You will probably regret drinking all of it early. It would surely improve a lot over another month, but it won't be horrible on the 30th.

Soulive

Reaction score
bigjohnmilford said:
I vote save it. Tell your friends to bring some beer this time. Then invite them back for the superbowl.
I agree. The beer will be much better in that extra 4 weeks...

brewt00l

Reaction score
Save it... so you don't serve your friends green beer and make them think you can't brew worth a plugged nickel.

shafferpilot

Reaction score
You'll regret trying to rush it. Take your buddies on a beer run to the nearest party store to stock up on quality craft/micro brew. Tell them, "No screwtops or BMC allowed" Then you'll get some free bottles out of the deal:)

OP
splat

splat

Reaction score
I actually already knew the answer to this question, I was just hoping you guys were going to tell me that the beer probably woould be good, just not great...Thanks for the fast responses....

jmiracle

Reaction score
Man, I feel you though. Since I started this hobby I've discovered a tendency in myself to try to make 2+2 add up to 6....