Donations for Forum Upkeep?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

D-brewmeister

Reaction score
Hey TxBrew, from what I read in the thread on avitars, I am thinking that you might be hosing these forums on a personal machine, and are in need of upgrading the hardware. As homebrewers, we all know what it is like to need an upgrade in the hardware:rolleyes:!!! So what if you put up a link to a paypal donation page (I have seen it done for other online sites, such as internet radio sites etc.). You could even throw in a free incentive, like allowing Avitars for those who donate $5 or so (maybe a cool and oh so exclusive HomeBrewTalk.com tee shirt for those who donate a larger ammount. Everybody loves tee shirts, right!). Wadya all think about the idea? D.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I setup subscriptions through the forum software so you can donate either $10 or $20 and get the use of avatars, uploading attachments, personalized titles etc.

I looked into t-shirts and they are quite pricey and not sure how many would like one.

If there is any interest I could get decals made though and include them in the larger donation.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
TxBrew said:
I setup subscriptions through the forum software so you can donate either $10 or $20 and get the use of avatars, uploading attachments, personalized titles etc.

Where is this located? I wanna get an avatar up ASAP.... ;)

OP
OP
D-brewmeister

D-brewmeister

Reaction score
TxBrew said:
I looked into decals being made. If anyone else has any other suggestions about an item to give away please feel free to suggest it. T-shirts are just a little too expensive.
Yeah, decals/bumper stickers sound cool. Some possible slogans:

"I brew the beer I drink"
"Down with Macrobrew"
"Powered by Homebrew"
"Mashing my way to Freedom!"

I dunno if any of these would fly, but just thought I would throw them out there. Any other ideas? I know we have some graphics designers on here, perhaps they can help with the design of a nice sticker.

Will we be able to get one if we have already donated before they are produced?

AlaskaAl(e)

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I probably fall into the minority of Web-ites but I have no Paypal acct. and I'm not really sure I want one. Would it be too much of a pain to just snail mail a check for $20 to whomever?

Janx

Reaction score
FWIW, I don't think you need any kind of special PayPal account to send money...just need to register for free and send. You basically just need an email and a credit card, I think.

AlaskaAl(e)

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I may be following the wrong link or something but although it says "choose prefered payment method" the only button I see is PayPal. Also, it would seem the PayPal button might be broken.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sure if you don't have a PayPal account that is fine. To be honest I've heard some PayPal horror stories.

If you want to ugprade through snail mail just private message me and I will send the address.

OP
OP
D-brewmeister

D-brewmeister

Reaction score
WOO HOO, :eek: New spiffy avitar flashing, descriptor tweaking, beer glass raising fun! THanks for everything Txbrew and everyone who has been contributin' to and helpin' with this here forum. Cheers to ya! . . . And Cheers to ya again! :D . . . . . Nand-geers dooya 'nuh-gain!, hic. :p