Doing my first AG right now!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallagherman

Reaction score
I am in the middle of my mash and heating my sparge water. Woot. I was shooting for 152d for the mash temp but came out at 150. However I am doing an AHS PA kit and that recipe calls for a 150d mash temp. I guess I'm on my way. Excuse me while I grab a homebrew and tend to my mash....

Way to go gallagherman! I believe that the first all-grain batch is a defining and noteworthy event in the life of a homebrewer...kind of a "coming of age," like a confirmation or Bar Mitzvah! When I saw the runnings from my first AG batch, I really and truly felt like I was brewing and not just cooking.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Congrats man! I envy you... I cannot wait to drag my new brew rig out next month and start making sweet nectar of the Gods!

Congrats! My 5 gal MLT should arrive today, and I plan on joining in on the fun soon :ban:

I wouldn't say I'm going 'all grain'. I'm going to do a MM (mostly mash) instead of a PM.
I'm keeping it inside and in a 7.5 gal brew pot.

I think I'll be ok for small beers all grain, and anytime I miss my O.G., well, that is what DME is for!;)

Update on the brew. Efficiency came out to 66.3% where my est. eff. was 70%. Not too shabby. My gravity looks to be at 150, right on target. However I did come out a tad shy of 5 gallons. Didn't bother to adjust the water in order to preserve the OG. So thirsty... longest month of my life is coming up as I wait to taste this wondrous brew!

Back