Doing is better than reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakeup

Reaction score
I finally had time to do my first AG batch yesterday. It took my about 7 hours and didn't go anything like I was expecting it to go. I have read a lot about brewing and AG, but it still doesn't prepare you for all the little nuances of actually doing it. It was a great experience.

Had to correct things a dozen times, but in the end, I still made beer that will hopefully be great!:mug:

Right on man!

I have been AG for about 18 months. I would bet most of us did a bunch of research before we went AG. Some of us probably even had some anxiety going into it... :eek: :) . But I agree with you 100%....at some point you just gotta do it, and you did! And then you realize, "Hey, this isn't all that difficult".

Congrats! Let the AG journey begin :mug: .

Alan

It's not difficult, but I already figured out 10 ways to improve my process for next time.

It's not difficult, but I already figured out 10 ways to improve my process for next time.

+1

My first partial mash was nearly an entire disaster. Once I was done, I noted everything I did wrong in my beer notebook and how I could improve for the next time from these experiences. If your like me and have the memory of a sieve, I highly recommend writing down the 10 or so things you will do the next time while its still fresh in you head! Helped me a great deal for all my future PM and AGs!

Back