Doh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmfu

Reaction score
Has anybody had a few too many beers before they put their order into an internet homebrew store? I accidentally put 1/2 pound carafa III and chocolate malt into my blonde grain bill. I also somehow added 4 extra pounds of 2 row to the recipe and now I have no way to mash it in my present stove top method. I think I'm going to split the bill in half add some DME to it and see what happens.

3.5 lb - 2 row
.5 lb cara-pils
.5 lb crystal 10
.25 lb carafa III
.25 lb crystal 60
.25 lb chocolate malt
.25 lb vienna malt

.5 oz centennial 60 min
.5 oz centennial 45 min
.5 oz cascade 20 min
.5 oz cascade 5 min

I'd order another .5 each of cara-pils and crystal 10, and another .25 each of crystal 60 and vienna malt, then get another oz each of the hops and you can do a double batch!

just mix the grains in a big ol' bucket, split it in half, do your stovetop method, and split the boil.

I'd order another .5 each of cara-pils and crystal 10, and another .25 each of crystal 60 and vienna malt, then get another oz each of the hops and you can do a double batch!

just mix the grains in a big ol' bucket, split it in half, do your stovetop method, and split the boil.

This is the grains split in half, I'm going to brew it up as is and some safe ale 04 and see what happens. The worst case scenario is I get drunk on it and do the same stupid **** again.

Latest posts

Back