Dogfish Head in Sam Adams bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRLynch

Reaction score
No, seriously, look

DSCN2700.JPG

We got a sixer of 60 minute and two bottles were in Sam Adams bottles! We kept one with the beer in it, but we wanted to be sure there actually was DFH in the bottle, so we opened one. Yes Virgina, DFH goes dumpster diving for bottles like the rest of us :)

mike

MLynchLtd said:
Yes Virgina, DFH goes dumpster diving for bottles like the rest of us :)

mike

I think that this is great! It's nice to see a company that recycles and isn't concerned with displaying a competitors logo.

Kilted Brewer said:
Have you thought of contacting DFH? I'm just curious what their response would be.

Not yet, maybe they'll hook me up with a lifetime supply of DFH for keeping quiet? (hmm, should have thought that one through before posting...)

None of you saw this! It didn't happen!

mike

I'm not surprised they reuse bottles but you think QC would catch the ones with marks on the glass. Oh well, as long as the beer tastes good.

I agree with the others that say its cool - why not reuse them if they come in through some sort of channel and they are clean. If every mfg used brand new bottles every time they would have to raise the prices.

Maybe that can be their new motto -- We let Sam Adams buy us our bottles so we can keep our prices more reasonable.

Jonnio said:
I agree with the others that say its cool - why not reuse them if they come in through some sort of channel and they are clean. If every mfg used brand new bottles every time they would have to raise the prices.

Maybe that can be their new motto -- We let Sam Adams buy us our bottles so we can keep our prices more reasonable.

Well its not working, up to ten bucks here for a six pack of 60 min.

mike

MLynchLtd said:
Not yet, maybe they'll hook me up with a lifetime supply of DFH for keeping quiet? (hmm, should have thought that one through before posting...)

None of you saw this! It didn't happen!

mike
Too late.

Picture downloaded...

Email sent to DFH...

Lifetime supply is on its way to my house, along with $1,000 hush money.

Back