Dog Farts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who better to ask...

Okay, these little chihuahuas are peeling paint over here lately. We haven't changed their diet. They go out regularly. Their poop looks fine. Still though, they are farting up a storm. A very stinky storm. I swear, the smell is visible. Like heat waves rising off blacktop, and about as hot. The stink is so bad it has heat. What to do?

korek_z_korka_fi_19_14mm.jpg

Sounds to me like poor quality dog food. Skip the advertising and read the labels. If you are buying your dog food at a grocery store you are probably not doing your pups any good. Finding a good dog food takes some research.

Also, if you are giving them table scraps, maybe stop for a while and see if the fart bombs stop.

We've been feeding them Authority dry food for a long time. Before that, we fed them Victor. That was when we started looking into quality dog food. There's too much Chinese BS out there now to not pay attention.

We do change flavors. Sometimes chicken. Sometimes lamb. That hasn't given them the bio-weapon farts before.

Have you considered the possibility that they are getting food form somewhere else? Maybe digging up tootsie rolls the cats have buried? Maybe they found a dead animal nearby?

Dogs can also fart more when stressed. Not sure how it would end up smelling worse than normal, but with a proper high protein diet, I'm guessing it probably would smell worse than a human's who eats more veggies and grains.

And just for clarification, just because it's a Mexican breed, doesn't mean it is supposed to eat refried beans...

Our one dog was stinking up the house pretty bad for a while. The vet said that when dogs eat too much too quickly it can lead to poor digestion and gas. He suggested doing more frequent, smaller meals and buying a bowl with a baffled bottom so she has to eat slower. She hasn't been clearing the room nearly as much since then.

Cat poop it is. The big one jumped on the sofa last night and his lips were encrusted in cat litter. Nasty freak.

In the dead of night, dog bites, dog bites. In the dead of night, dog biiiiites...tsah tsah tsah. Into your room, wherein you sleep, I jump on the bed & too you I creep. Turning around lettin', it fly, just one quick sniff, I tear in your eye....in the dead of night,dog bites, dog bites...:cross::rockin:

Back