Dog fart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightstrife

Reaction score
So I was looking in on my fresh batch (2 days in primary) and I guess my dog came through and crop dusted near my fermenting chamber about the time I opened it to have a look. So I got this horrible smell of dog fart and thought awe Crap my beer is ruined! Fortunately the smell dissipated and I realized it was dog fart as he did it again in the kitchen some time later.

EDIT: due to auto correct.

Umm okay? Pretty sure a fart won't ruin your beer. Not even a dog fart. Clearly you're messing about. :)

I believe what he is saying is that at the exact moment he went to sniff his beer he got a nose full of dog fart, not knowing what the dog had done he assumed it was the beer and thought it was ruined until the smell dissipated and the beer started to smell like beer again.

Yep that's what happened. I opened my fermentation chamber and took a big wiff of dog butt oder ... And I did think my beer went sour till I realized it was just the dog... Beer is fine tho yeasties are happily bubbling away...

Sure, blame it on the dog. Bet he might have a different story to tell about getting a bad rap & being the go to scape goat for every arse leaking human in his vicinity.:drunk:

Back