Dog destroyed grain bag!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
Called the SWMBO this morning to tell her to close the bedroom closet door and bedroom door before she left.Came home to a wide open bedroom door and my grain bill spread out across the bedroom carpet..:mad:
Looked like a crime scene and i cannot even look at my dog right now. The SWMBO swears she closed the door but i guess my dog is David flippin Copperfield.Now excuse me while i go to cry in the corner and pout.

Called the SWMBO this morning to tell her to close the bedroom closet door and bedroom door before she left.Came home to a wide open bedroom door and my grain bill spread out across the bedroom carpet..:mad:
Looked like a crime scene and i cannot even look at my dog right now. The SWMBO swears she closed the door but i guess my dog is David flippin Copperfield.Now excuse me while i go to cry in the corner and pout.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Lesson learned, place all brewing ingredients out of reach of children and pets.

That's awful. Nothing we can say will make you feel any better.

I'm sure the dog didn't mean anything by it. He probably just likes the smell of grain too

LHBS is closed today also..Guess its time to drown my sorrows with a few homebrews.

Think 10 hours on the smoker might work better than brewing him.Always wondered what dog taste like.

It's not bad, definitely not something I would seek out but I have eaten worse.

it's like the Cheech & Chong bit: follow him around for the next day & 1/2 with a scooper and a baggie

Last edited by a moderator:
it's like the Cheech & Chong bit: follow him around for the next day & 1/2 with a scooper and a baggie

Bummer part is he did not eat any grains.just splayed them across the carpet but decided to leave a little wort of his own on top.

If me not supposed eat grain why grain smell so good? Mmmm. Malt. Must eat.

Me sorry.

My mash paddle is hanging lonely by the bar like a scorned lover.

Another reason I started keeping my bags of uncrushed grains sealed in my home depot bucket. with the crusher covered on top of that. No worries from the cat or the dog.

This thread needs pictures of the offender and the mess. Don't blame the dog. If I were a dog I'd do the same thing.

criminal and crime

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

The couch in the background is his couch.That is the only reason it is still around.

Dogs are great. Used to have 2 male pit bulls... Cain and Able. I swear they took turns as look-out. I never caught them doing anything wrong. But man did they. They were a couple of mischevious dogs. I now have small dogs. Easier to manage, and they make smaller messes.... but they are still dogs. Dogs really only do a few things. They eat, sleep, bark, chew/bite, pee, poop, and get into things they shouldn't.

Yours looks innocent. I'm sure he had nothing to do with the grain scattered across the floor.

I bet your wife is lying. Post some pics of her and we'll advise on what course of action to take. :eek:nestar:

I bet your wife is lying. Post some pics of her and we'll advise on what course of action to take. :eek:nestar:

If you dig through the show us your SWMBO post she is in there with my ugly mug.

Back