Dog Biscuits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepinjeepin

Reaction score
Baked some spent grain dog biscuits last night. Grain was around 50% MO, 25% wheat malt, and 25% flaked wheat and oats. 4 cups grain, 4 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg. Mix well. Smash into a cookie sheet for thick biscuits, 2 sheets for thin biscuits. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cut into pieces. Separate and bake at 225 for 8hrs.

image-1900924298.jpg

I saw a similar recipe that was exactly the same but secondary bake for 4 hours.

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow with my spent grains from today, but I have to wonder what that will cost me in energy (running the oven for 5 or more hours).

Might be cheaper to chuck all the grains and buy a box of biscuits at the store.

i thought i saw a post were someone had made these for a alt to granola bars. how do they taste?

They taste like peanut butter granola that chew forever. Have something ready to drink if you plan on being able to swallow it. The long bake is to dry them out for shelf life. Less flour and a shorter bake and they might would be ok to eat.

Wifey whipped up a batch of biscuits today. Gave one to the dog, it's still sitting by his food bowl.

Thumbs down from Patches.

Back