Does your lunch look like this???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I started homebrewing again, something in my diet had to go in order to afford all the beer calories. Lunch was it.

So as usual I had this:

With 3 games of cribbage on the side.

When I started homebrewing again, something in my diet had to go in order to afford all the beer calories. Lunch was it.

So as usual I had this:

With 3 games of cribbage on the side.

Cribbage has gone the way of stamp collecting. Hard to find anyone but retirees doing it. I love cribbage. Still waiting for that elusive 29 hand.

Cribbage has gone the way of stamp collecting. Hard to find anyone but retirees doing it. I love cribbage. Still waiting for that elusive 29 hand.
Yea, if only they made Wii cribbage.

Dude at work is an old submarine/navy guy and apparently they played a LOT of cribbage on subs and he got hooked. He MUST have his cribbage fix every day so I oblige. He must have played a bazillion games and has never even had a 28. I don't think I've ever had over 24. It is a great game tho.

Just read the cribbage wiki, and still don't understand how to score points. Seems like it could be a fun game for me and wife while camping.

"Health.com named the Garbage Plate the fattiest food in the state of New York."

Well now my interest is piqued.

IP, there are pages that explain the rules of cribbage. A lot harder to describe than to actually do. A cribbage board makes it much easier to keep score imo.

Used to play a heck of a lot of Cribbage and euchre in my youth. Now I barely can find a person that has even heard of these games, let alone knows how to play them.

Yea, if only they made Wii cribbage.

Dude at work is an old submarine/navy guy and apparently they played a LOT of cribbage on subs and he got hooked. He MUST have his cribbage fix every day so I oblige. He must have played a bazillion games and has never even had a 28. I don't think I've ever had over 24. It is a great game tho.

FYI, my brothers and I invented a twist on it we call Crappage. Same game, but the twist is that the first person to peg out LOSES. Try it, it's pretty funny throwing a 7/8 or 5/5 into the other guys crib. We usually only play 1/2 of the board since you move more slowly.

asahibottle.jpg

I'm surprised by the Japanese beer hate, it's way better than any bmc offering.
I enjoy a bottle or two with sushi. But I prefer this
sapporo-beer.jpg

Swill on Gila!

Used to play a heck of a lot of Cribbage and euchre in my youth. Now I barely can find a person that has even heard of these games, let alone knows how to play them.
We used to play euchre on the soccer bus in highschool.

I'm surprised by the Japanese beer hate, it's way better than any bmc offering.
I enjoy a bottle or two with sushi. But I prefer this
sapporo-beer.jpg

Swill on Gila!

Yeah, I don't seem to notice any improvement in Sapporro over BMC.

Sorachi Ace is allegedly a variety created by/for Sapporo and it is an interesting hop, IIRC Sapporo uses something else now.

For me, if I'm eating sushi I'm drinking sake. Non-negotiable. Love them both.

We used to play euchre on the soccer bus in highschool.

Yeah, I don't seem to notice any improvement in Sapporro over BMC.

Just don't stop trying others as a result of your experience with Sapporo. Trust me, you'll find something you like.

grew up playing both. especially in college, we'd have euchre and cribbage tournaments at our house all the time. my mom has my grandfathers old cribbage 'table' board. it's got 4 legs and is about 1/2 the surface area of a end table. glad to find others that play!

Back