Does your blowoff tell you anything about your Beer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerArchitect54

Reaction score
I brewed a cream ale on Sat. night.. I got a O.G reading of about 1.042-1.044... I came home Sunday and it was bubbling... I have seen some pictures of blow offs just making a mess but mine seems to be at a nice consistent bubble... Not a lot of foam in my blow off container either.. On Sunday there was a bit of foam but not crazy.. I mean I know it was at about 1.042 and it is bubbling so it seems to be working!!!! I’m new if you can’t tell ... This was my first all grain batch...

Thanks in advance for the comments...

If it is bubbling, then it is fermenting.
Good work.

Let it sit for about 3 weeks, then you can bottle. Wait another couple weeks, then enjoy.

A violently fermenting batch does not necessarily mean that you did a better job than a batch that is fermenting gently. There are a lot of factors that weigh into this.

As I said before, it is going fine. Make sure you let it finish. Don't just go by the activity of the bubbles. Take a hydometer reading. That is the only way to know for sure if it is done. It should be in about a week or two, but it would do your brew a lot of good to sit for at least 3 weeks.

Back