does this look infected? or just yeasty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEarley

Reaction score
ok i tried a dry yeast i haven't tried before (Safale US-05) i didn't use a starter or activate it in warm water. directions said just pour on top of wort. never used a dry yeast that i just dumped right on the wort. but it the air lock had some good activity the first few days then got quite. 2 weeks went by and i popped the top of my bucket and started racking into my carboy for secondary dry hopping.

OIFRX.jpg

i can't tell if its just yeast or if its serious.

Yeah that looks fine to me, just krausen. Looks like it just finished fermenting and all of it hasn't quite dropped out. Let it ride!

Just wanted to check. the second i saw this my heart stopped. it saw the cloudy white clumps and got nervous. but after racking into the secondary the brew is clean,nice amber hue, and smells like a hop dream. Thanks guys.
K9sSI.jpg

Just wanted to check. the second i saw this my heart stopped. it saw the cloudy white clumps and got nervous. but after racking into the secondary the brew is clean,nice amber hue, and smells like a hop dream. Thanks guys.
K9sSI.jpg

OH MY GOD. WHAT ARE THOSE GREEN THINGS GROWING IN YOUR BEER?! THAT, I'D BE WORRIED ABOUT!!!

Just kidding. Looks good to me! S-05 is a champ :)

Back