Does the regulator screw have to be in the horizontal position?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medo

Reaction score
Or,
Can i have it facing up at me, vertical, along with the gauge faces, so i can look straight down and read the gauges and adjust the screw? I know this is a weird one, but I have a situation where it would behoove me to have the gauge faces looking up, and the regulator ajuster screw pointing at the sky, ie; the rig turned 90 degrees counter clockwise.
I cant find the paperwork that came with the thing, so I dont know if it can be used in any other fashion then the standard horizontal setup. So, I thought I would ask the folks who use them all the time.
Thanks for your time and any info.
A great day to you all!

I assume your talking about a co2 regulator? Point it which ever way floats your boat.:mug:

Just keep your tank upright- CO2 is a liquid gas, so if you have it on the side you have the possibility of getting liquid CO2 in your reg and possible damaging it/the seals.

Regulators are spring-loaded and the angle doesn't change the operation. I have mine at a 45 degree angle so I can read it without kneeling.

Ahoy hoy,
thats what I wanted to hear. Thanks to everybody that chimed in!.
A great day to you all!

Back