Does anyone sell 1/6 kegs with a sanke D coupler welded to a 5" tc cap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewJersey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like the only thing stopping people from being all sanke is the ease of cleaning.
Does what I described in the title exist?

I don't think it's the only thing. Sixtels, even unmodified as suggested are more expensive than corny kegs. The couplers are $40 vs $10 per keg. A sixtel with a 4" TC and a 4" x Sanke neck adapter would probably cost $200 per keg. What's the benefit again for that premium?

I don't think it's the only thing. Sixtels, even unmodified as suggested are more expensive than corny kegs. The couplers are $40 vs $10 per keg. A sixtel with a 4" TC and a 4" x Sanke neck adapter would probably cost $200 per keg. What's the benefit again for that premium?
The benefit in my mind is the ability to use the sanke coupler and still have easy home cleaning. In my opinion the sanke coupling is much less prone to have issues leaking.
Maybe it's just a waste. Was just a thought and maybe it should've stayed inside my head, lol

It's not worth it. Get good at taking apart sankey kegs and cleaning the components. It's easy enough to fill a sankey keg with hot pbw after you kick it and shake it for 30 seconds, clean.

I agree its an expensive option but it is easier to clean with a larger opening and you could add other 4inch TC tops such as for fermentation (top with floating dip tube and blow off like apache-brew did or add a chilling coil) .

The benefit in my mind is the ability to use the sanke coupler and still have easy home cleaning. In my opinion the sanke coupling is much less prone to have issues leaking.
Maybe it's just a waste. Was just a thought and maybe it should've stayed inside my head, lol

You still need to use a snap ring to remove the sankey stem and clean the spear as it were an unmodified keg.

I don’t see how’s the 4” TC is really necessary in cleaning. Even if you want to ferment in them, hot water/pbw/ and shaking will clean krausen.

I agree its an expensive option but it is easier to clean with a larger opening and you could add other 4inch TC tops such as for fermentation (top with floating dip tube and blow off like apache-brew did or add a chilling coil) .
The floating dip tube assembly I use in my sig uses unmodified sankeys.

Back