Does anyone make custom wort chillers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynemil

Reaction score
Hello

Hello,
I have purchased a Pico Brew— see photo which uses a 5 gallon corny keg to brew. Does anyone have the ability to build a custom immersion chiller that would fit in the corny keg opening.It would only need to go a little over 1/2 up from the bottom since it only brews 2.5 gallon batches. I could use a soup can or something to roll out some copper, but I was hoping someone with better talents then me would be interested. Probably 3 inch diameter would work.

Thanks,

Wayne

Picobrew.png

I have pretty much zero hardware technical skills and I made my immersion chiller with no problems. Most important tool to have is a pipe bender.

But you're right. Just mold some soft copper pipe around a soup can, or whatever will fit in the keg, and then hook up your 'in' and 'out' hoses, bend the tops of the pipe to make some handles, and add the hose adapter to the end of 'in' hose. Boom, you're done!

Thanks everyone. I found a local plumber who may knock it out for me. All good options. I appreciate your feedback.

Wayne

Back