Does anyone have pictures of 14.5 Gallon Stout Conical?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindWillieBrewer

Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a "short" 14.5 Stout Conical with a thermowell/thermometer and rollers. Their website doesn't have any picture just a diagram of it. A picture would be a whole lot better then the drawing. I'm just trying to make sure that the legs are welded on and it doesn't look like their 7.3 gallon conical. Thanks

BlindWillieBrewer said:
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a "short" 14.5 Stout Conical with a thermowell/thermometer and rollers. Their website doesn't have any picture just a diagram of it. A picture would be a whole lot better then the drawing. I'm just trying to make sure that the legs are welded on and it doesn't look like their 7.3 gallon conical. Thanks

I have that exact conical, without the wheels. Im not sure how to post a picture, but if you pm me your email address i can send you an email of the picture.

As to your questions, it does have the welded on legs, the thermometer thermowell, and the lid is the clamp ring style with a welded on elbow rather than a hole for a bung. It looks MUCH better than the 7.3 in my opinion. The welds seem top notch.

beardedirishman said:
I have that exact conical, without the wheels. Im not sure how to post a picture, but if you pm me your email address i can send you an email of the picture.

As to your questions, it does have the welded on legs, the thermometer thermowell, and the lid is the clamp ring style with a welded on elbow rather than a hole for a bung. It looks MUCH better than the 7.3 in my opinion. The welds seem top notch.

Let's try this....

ForumRunner_20111010_214052.jpg

Thanks BeardedIrishman! So how do you like it? A buddy of mine has the 7.3 gal and I really don't like them cause the conical part of the fermenter is not welded down. And for his 14.5 he has blichmann's. But I would rather get something a little cheaper made of the same quality.

BlindWillieBrewer said:
Thanks BeardedIrishman! So how do you like it? A buddy of mine has the 7.3 gal and I really don't like them cause the conical part of the fermenter is not welded down. And for his 14.5 he has blichmann's. But I would rather get something a little cheaper made of the same quality.

I do like it. I didn't like the turn around time after ordering, but it was MUCH cheaper than a blichmann with the same options. Very good welds inside too. Now my only regret is that I didn't get a bigger one...

Just took a look at that picture this morning. I like it in person better. Seems much sturdier and look prettier in person. Evidently the garage is pretty dusty right now.

So how long of a turn around was it after your deposit? I don't need it anytime soon as that I'm living in a tiny one bedroom apt. But moving in December to a house with garage. So I'm looking at needing/using it after the new year.

I have the 21g, pretty much the same except it has a tri-clamp fitting on the lid. A bung fits right into it for an airlock, or attach an elbow for a blow off tube. I love the whole set up.

I'm looking at the Brewhemoth fermentors, have you considered them? They come in 22 gal size and under 500 dollars.

Richbrew99,
Yea I looked at the brewhemoth and like the price but I want a removable lid that I can get my hands down into for cleaning. At our local brewfest they gave out one to the winner of best in show homebrew contest.

That Brewhemoth looks nice! I like the integrated chiller.

I waited 4 months for mine. That's not supposed to be typical, but I had very little communication with John at Stout and can't verify that myself. I assume it is correct. I wasn't happy with the shipping time, and for that reason alone I'd consider going with the brewhemoth, or another brand if all things were equal. That said, I don't have any problems with the quality of the Stout Tanks equipment that I've got now, and I'm quite happy with what I ordered.

Back