Does anyone else do this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it might not happen if I don't pay closer attention I put the blow off tube on moved fermentor to basement! Look over and see my yeast starter sitting there laughing at me so I run downstairs and pitch it quick

I was too busy chasing my daughter around the house with this she hates the hop smell

image-524149651.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
my son calls the hops I strain out "Beer Poop".

It's probably wrong of me but I always tell her smell this hop it smells just like strawberries then she smells and makes a horrible face lol

It's probably wrong of me but I always tell her smell this hop it smells just like strawberries then she smells and makes a horrible face lol

reminds me of a guy I worked with making methane vacuum units. we used blue pipe dope on all our threads. at least once a week we'd tell him it smells like blueberries (his favorite). when he'd hold the brush to his nose to smell it, one of us would bump his elbow, giving him a blue nose. at least once a week for more than 2 years.:rockin:

Billy-Klubb said:
reminds me of a guy I worked with making methane vacuum units. we used blue pipe dope on all our threads. at least once a week we'd tell him it smells like blueberries (his favorite). when he'd hold the brush to his nose to smell it, one of us would bump his elbow, giving him a blue nose. at least once a week for more than 2 years.:rockin:

Lol I always did something similar to a old guy that was my helper at one time. I would say "holy **** look in that pipe" as soon as he looks I turn the water on his response was always " you little ****er"

I don't do that but that's freakin awesome. In order to recoup a small bit of the cost for brewing me and my roomies do a CSA styles brewin thing with our close friends. This would make a super swanky soirée for the people who like drinking why we make!

Bigelow92 said:
I don't do that but that's freakin awesome. In order to recoup a small bit of the cost for brewing me and my roomies do a CSA styles brewin thing with our close friends. This would make a super swanky soirée for the people who like drinking why we make!

I am doing it this year just a heads up there will probably be a lot of drunken posts on here I plan on brewing a lot this year

There's a whole section called drunken ramblings, lol. HBT is truly the all inclusive resort of brewing forums :)

I haven't done this exact thing, however I am doing something similar. I have a family vacation every year going on 30 years now, where about 25-30 of my extended family will share a big beach house (or two now that there are babies from the new generation joining). Many of my cousins enjoy beer, and most have an appreciation for various styles, ranging from lagers through sours, and one cousins long-term girlfriend is even a homebrewer herself, so it is a very pro-beer crowd.

So, this year I have been saving 12 beers from each batch I brewed since March, plus one special Imperial IPA that is a little older and is currently aging in bottles. I am taking them all to the beach with me, to share amongst the family, and provide a nice assortment of homebrew. All-in-all I should have 6-7 different 12packs, plus maybe some extra 22oz bombers of anything else I have kicking around. It was going to be 9-10 varieties...but I found out SWMBO is pregnant a couple weeks ago...so the brewing resources are currently...under review.

At least I'll get one good homebrew blowout in before I need to scale back my production.

At least a sixer of each batch I make usually(unless overcarbing or some ipa's) sit at least a year. Never had any of them taste terrible for aging.They shure clear nicely too.:) Ive actually had some IPA's with oxygen caps hold up pretty nicely well over a year/some 2 yr in a 50-60's degree basement.

I set one bottle of every brew aside for a 1 year wait. Kinda fun when you look in your cabinet and see that you got a nice aged IPA coming up in a few days.

I've been doing this myself. I just started brewing this year, but thus far I have 4 different 6 packs on the top shelf of my "beer" closet just sitting in wait.

Can't wait to see what a little age does to these brews, though one is an IPA so it may not make it that long as I am an IPA lover. I guess the good news here is that I just bottled this one so I still have a bit before I need to hit the reserves on it. :D

I have done this with all of my bottled batched. Since I started kegging it has fallen by the wayside a little. I still have some bottles from over a year ago that I really wish I labeled better. It is still fun to pop a mystery beer into the fridge and see how it is.

Back