Do you think this recipe would appeal to non-craft drinkers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molsonG

Reaction score
6pounds pilsner
4pounds vienna
4oz victory malt (i dont know if 4oz will be noticable but its all i have)
4oz melanoidin (add alittle more depth, replicate decoction)

Magnum .5 oz @ 60 mins
Sorachi Ace .5 oz @ 10 mins
Sorachi Ace .5 oz @ 5 mins
Sorachi Ace .5 oz @ 0 mins
Sorachi Ace .5oz Dryhop
White Labs San Fran Lager

Approx 25 IBU, about 5% abv

Well seems how Budweiser is the largest selling beer in the country and is supposedly styled after a "Pilsner" and you are using 6lbs pilsner malt I would think it is a pretty safe brew for the under-developed palate. Also going with 2 oz of hops should keep them from giving you that puckered WTH is this look I get when I give my bud loving brother in law a beer to try.

first time trying sorachi ace hops

debating to add .5pound crystal 10

brewing this tommorow, got the grain bill crushed so cant really change that. can still add the crystal 10. or change the hops

I think it'll probably still be too much for them, at least at first, but it looks like a good one to work them into it with. Interesting hop choice, it should throw them from what they think hops are.

Well seems how Budweiser is the largest selling beer in the country and is supposedly styled after a "Pilsner" and you are using 6lbs pilsner malt I would think it is a pretty safe brew for the under-developed palate. Also going with 2 oz of hops should keep them from giving you that puckered WTH is this look I get when I give my bud loving brother in law a beer to try.

Umm what? How does pilsner relate to under-developed palate? You do realize you just described like every belgian beer right?

i brewed the recipe as i posted today, but i made 10g instead of 5g. i didnt add any crystal malt. i also switched the 60min to a FWH, but did a 90min boil. one carboy will get san fran lager yeast, the other will get danish lager or us05, havent decided yet.

Back