Do you know what today is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
http://www.sysadminday.com/

If only this were a real holiday, I'd get to go home. :rockin:

If you have a chance today, stop by the Network guy's office or send them an email to tell them that they're doing a good job or to tell them how well the systems are running, or just to say Hi to the lonely geeks that only hear from you when you're b!tching about a problem. Without a good sysadmin, you probably wouldn't be able to even *do* your job!

Here's to geeks like me. :mug:

Yea glad you're here. See, I'm having problems getting my webpages. When I try to get onto the big blue E the exact error message is "It's not working anymore"

Yea glad you're here. See, I'm having problems getting my webpages. When I try to get onto the big blue E the exact error message is "It's not working anymore"

Tech support flashback!!! NOOOOO :mad:

Thanks for the link ohiobrewtus, I sent it around to all my co-workers. I tried to convince my boss that since we're all Sys Admins we should take a long lunch or leave early or something. No dice...

Thanks for the link ohiobrewtus, I sent it around to all my co-workers. I tried to convince my boss that since we're all Sys Admins we should take a long lunch or leave early or something. No dice...

I didn't even bother trying. I know it won't work. :mad:

I don't know, I'm a Veteran and I've only had Veteran's Day off once. More likely, everybody else would take the day off & you would have to stick around to monitor the data center.

Remember the W2K hype? All of the people that KNEW there wouldn't be trouble got to spend New Year's eve in the data center. While the idiots that didn't have a clue, but were very worried, partied.

david_42

Dont you have a blackberry? I dont understand why IT managers think people have to physically be present.

Back