Do you know this logo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couch

Reaction score
I was driving along the other day when on the side of the road I saw a Kegerator with a 'free' sign on it. Needless to say I got it home.

Anyways, I'm trying to find the company who makes it so I can find the manual for it, as it isn't keeping cool as well as it should. The only two markings are this shield/crown looking thing, and the words 'beverage master' stacked on top of each other. It's pretty old, but even if it requires a couple hours work it's still a free kegerator.

Thanks in advance!

crown.jpg

I'm not sure the manual is going to really help you all that much.

If a fridge that age doesn't get cold enough, it's typically one of two things:

1) It needs defrosted. Once there is about 1/2" of ice surrounding the freezer section, you need to manually defrost the fridge by melting this ice with warm water. These old fridges need defrosted about every 45-60 days.

2) It needs more freon/refriderant. Unfortunately, most of these old fridges run off R12 freon, which is no longer legal. If you do need it recharged, most technicians will recommend installing a whole new compressor, as bleeding out the old R12 and refilling it with modern freon is not economical over the long run.

One of those two is most likely your issue. You could also have a busted thermostat, but not likely if it is holding some constant temp.

Good luck!

Back