Do you have a plan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
For the zombie apocalypse? Weve been talking at work the past couple days and we have a pretty good idea of what well do. Have you guys had this discussion at work yet? If not...you know you should.

I know I do. I take my swords, put my wife and the dogs in her car, I get on my Harley. We stop by the local gun shop, then head straight to my dad's land in middle of nowhere Idaho.

I know I do. I take my swords, put my wife and the dogs in her car, I get on my Harley. We stop by the local gun shop, then head straight to my dad's land in middle of nowhere Idaho.
Good...untill you realize the guys in the gun store will probably be dropping everyone that tries to get in. I know I would. Get your weapons now dont plan on being able to get your weapons in an orderly manner.

Good...untill you realize the guys in the gun store will probably be dropping everyone that tries to get in. I know I would. Get your weapons now dont plan on being able to get your weapons in an orderly manner.

Smart man.

Don't think about stopping for gas anywhere, you'll be a sitting duck, and who knows about those attendants hidden inside? I come home with a full tank every night.

Yea. I am starting on that part now.

California gun law is confusing the hell out of me though. Once I figure it all out though, I plan on picking up a 1911 (my favorite firearm, style wise) and/or a Glock 30 or 32. For Zombies, though, a nice Benelli M4 shotgun loaded with slugs would be my first choice.

But I will always rely on my swords, knives and axes as my favorite line of defense.

looks like that 3200 acre's of property I bought in ?????? ya like you thought I would tell.....your dead!!!!!! LOL
really though I have NO IDEA WTF your talking about...

ebay-zombie-kit.jpg

Zombie Apocalypse Quiz

Source of Anti-Zombie Blades

December 20, 2012

I'm having an end of the world party the night before. Then bring on the Zombpocolypse.

Something from that site that I hadn't considered. "the inevitable civil war that will follow the fall of the zombies." So, time for another plan.

I plan on raiding a Wal*Mart for supplies, as I'm sure no one else has thought of this cunning plan. :rolleyes:

I already have a bug out spot in mind, it's my mom's place out in BFE. It's a small town of about 5000, and it's only state roads that get there from here, no interstates. Pick up the kids and SWMBO and GTFO. The only snag I have is what to do with the kids' mother. Hmmm.... I may have to find an alternate route around the reservation, as who knows how the Indians may treat whitey once civilization falls. I am in the process of collecting emergency gear to keep in the car at all times.

A few weeks ago my mom and stepdad bought a small cabin even FURTHER away from sweet fu¢k all. It's seriously like a 4 hour drive to the nearest city. I've been joking with my brothers that they bought it in case they needed a bugout spot from their podunk town they live in. But now I'm starting to wonder.... They've upgraded the sleeping arrangements so now it's gone from two to sleeping six, they are going to put in solar, putting in more insulation in the walls and ceiling, going to raise the roof so snow falls off of it easier, water comes from a local spring, etc. I suggested burying a metal shipping container on the property to use as a Secret Lair.

In all seriousness though, it is a very good idea to be prepared for any kind of disaster, zombocalypse aside. Everyone should have at least a week's worth of food and water stored away along with first aid, entertainment options like cards and sadly, defensive weapons. I live in an earthquake and flood prone area, so having supplies just makes good sense.

In all seriousness though, it is a very good idea to be prepared for any kind of disaster, zombocalypse aside. Everyone should have at least a week's worth of food and water stored away along with first aid, entertainment options like cards and sadly, defensive weapons. I live in an earthquake and flood prone area, so having supplies just makes good sense.

This is why I show a slight interest.

If I really see a problem coming. I'm gonna start stocking up on propane yeast malt and hops!
Then seeds, then live stock.

One good thing in my town, there will be very few guns so I should be able to defend my stash.

The main thing you don't want to do during a zombie apocolypse or any major disease outbreak is go to the supermarket or a wal-mart or something, that is a zombie breeding ground / disease transfer area / feeding station, everyone who heads there is pretty much dead.

My house is on a cul-de-sac, all of the back yards have a 6' block wall. I figure if we can barricade the entrance we might be OK. We dig up all of the asphalt in the circle to grow some food, maybe have a goat or two.

The neighbors will thank me for having a plan. Unless they are already zombies. Then I'm f'ed.

I think it depends partially on what happens to my loved ones.

Do I try to save them and then get to safety? Or do I presume they've already been under attack while at work or home, and break out on my own to get to safety?

I live in an apartment, which presumably would not be the safest spot from zombies.

My house is on a cul-de-sac, all of the back yards have a 6' block wall. I figure if we can barricade the entrance we might be OK. We dig up all of the asphalt in the circle to grow some food, maybe have a goat or two.

The neighbors will thank me for having a plan. Unless they are already zombies. Then I'm f'ed.

bad idea. 6'? that's nothing. You know how long it'll take the undead to pile up at the wall and create an "undead ramp" over your measly 6' wall? 48 hours max.

More people need to read World War Z and the ZSG.

The Winchester.

...and if i can't get in because of crowds of zeddies, create a fortress from my house. There's really no sustainalbe safe place to go, so hold up until it gets hot then go nomad.

I just moved down the street from Carter's Country in Spring. I'm gonna stock up on supplies, head to east Texas with the family, and shoot anything moving slower than me. :D

I live fairly close to the edge of town, and I'd be able to escape with my family up into the mountains. It's nice out here in Northern CA, so you can literally live off the land...fish, hunt, gather, etc. There are lots of good canyons which have decent caves in the sides of them. We'd make a shelter there, and post a rotating guard 24/7. Armed with a Remington SPR94, Rifle/Shotgun combination I'm able to have the short range knockdown power of a shotgun AND enough long range accuracy to keep the undead at arms length.

Hmmm, this tactic also works for when the Chinese invade the United States. I better start stocking my cave...

Well first I want to say WalMart is a bad idea. You need to be able to defend your self from mass hysteria. You know how many ****ing people are in WalMart on a slow day? Can you possible imagine how many will be there at a time like the zombie apocalypse?

Someone said something about the eventual civil war. It will not take long for there to be problems among survivors. Many survivors wont hesitate to kill anything that moves. Thats why I will be avioding the gun shop untill I can easy show that I am not infected and also have something to barter

Well first I want to say WalMart is a bad idea. You need to be able to defend your self from mass hysteria. You know how many ****ing people are in WalMart on a slow day? Can you possible imagine how many will be there at a time like the zombie apocalypse?

Someone said something about the eventual civil war. It will not take long for there to be problems among survivors. Many survivors wont hesitate to kill anything that moves. Thats why I will be avioding the gun shop untill I can easy show that I am not infected and also have something to barter

Not to mention that it's hard to tell the difference between WalMart shoppers and zombies...

Not to mention that it's hard to tell the difference between WalMart shoppers and zombies...

Sam's Club is worse. Every time I go there, I get stuck behind some half-dead lump of flesh that's slowly ambling around the store, down the middle of the aisle, making my efficient shopping strategy much more difficult. Oftentimes, if I'm feeling silly enough, I'll just amble along behind them with a zombie swagger and groan "brrrraaaaaaiiiiinnnnssss" until they get the hint.

For f*ck's sake, you cocksuckers, I come to Sam's to get groceries, not to spend my day browsing for bulk crap at a snail's pace. I suppose, though, that for a lot of Sam's Club customers, that's the high point of their week. :(

Back