Do you have a guilty pleasure beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pezman1

Reaction score
Fess up. Do you have a beer you like that you hope no other beer nerds see you buy??? You know, one you drink in private?

On hot Summer days here in Texas I sometimes buy a sixer of Bud in the bottles, stick em in the freezer till the necks start to freeze, and drink them during outdoor projects.

Also discovered I like George Killians Red.

Anyone else wish to unburden themselves?:)

Pez.

Mine is all of my fruit beers that I drink really cold. What I like is what I like.

My guilty commercial pleasure is Michelob Ultra Dragonfruit Peach. I swear the 4% abv is overstated by about 4% but there is something about it. I am apparently the only one in my area thar drinks it because all of the other ultras have had the new cartons for 6 months but I just saw the first new peach carton this weekend.

I don't necessarily publicize my affinity for PBR, but especially for enjoying in the outdoors it can't be beat. It is best when consumed near freezing during a day of backcountry skiing...

Everyone is always trashing BMC, but I really enjoy Busch Light on day that I am feeling real thirsty and I know a big bodied stout or IIPA just wont do it!

If its a hot day, people are barbecuing, and someone cracks open an Old Milwaukee Light....I can't help myself. Goes great with hefty brats and potato salad.

I don't necessarily publicize my affinity for PBR, but especially for enjoying in the outdoors it can't be beat. It is best when consumed near freezing during a day of backcountry skiing...

Wow! I didn't know they still made Pabst Blue Ribbon. My Grampa used to have an old Pabsts sign along with a " Crack a Jax" sign. wish I had them....

Pez.

I drink Miller Lite a good bit once it gets over 95 deg and humid as hell. Especially if I am working in the yard outside or hanging out by the pool.

It's my summer beer. Haven't had one in 6 months. But I do enjoy them ice cold on a hot summer day.

I guess I'm the odd one out, because I don't drink BMC at all anymore. If I want a nice refreshing, light bodied beer on a hot day I drink one of my session homebrews. I tend to like Midwests Liberty Cream for such a day. I guess if I had to pick a commercial beer that I do drink every now and then it would be Dos Equis...

Usually high life....maybe bud plat for a quick cheap buzz. I've surpassed my college days and have a full time, decent paying job so I can usually afford the pricier craft beers now. Since I discovered a 30 rack of genessee cream ale is only $10.99 it's gonna be a big one for me this summer. It's a great session beer.

Wow! I didn't know they still made Pabst Blue Ribbon. My Grampa used to have an old Pabsts sign along with a " Crack a Jax" sign. wish I had them....

Pez.

I didn't know people didn't know about PBR! It is a way of life up here.
Though to be fair, they have no advertising campaign that I have ever seen.

Bird

Yeungling or miller lite... If im drinkin all day or night its hard to spend money on good beer...i must admit I dont mind miller lite if its cold... If it gets semi warm its horrid...

Side note google pong beer... Its a good read... Thought it was a joke at first

I drink a bud every other Thurs when my office goes out as a group

Coors light on the aforementioned hot days outside working. Seems I can drink about 4-6 thousand of these in an afternoon. I think they quit fermenting them.

haven't had it in awhile but I also liked Old Milwaukee. I also enjoy high life, always reminds me of my dad, even though he doesn't drink anymore.

I love me some PBR. I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure though, cause I make no attempt to hide it and the snobs who scoff at it can all suck it as far as I'm concerned. I do get a little pissed when people call me a hipster for liking it, though.

yuengling and yuengling light, when it gets really hot outside. I do also like bud light lime, but i dont exactly consider it a beer

My wife's grandfather used to stay up with me watching Red Sox games when we'd visit them in Boston. He loved Miller High Life, the champagne of beers so they say. We would sit and he would tell me stories about his days as a gunner on a B24 Liberator over Europe and we'd have a couple pops. He passed in 06', so that's my guilty pleasure....a crappy beer, in my opinion, with some of my best memories attached.

My wife's grandfather used to stay up with me watching Red Sox games when we'd visit them in Boston. He loved Miller High Life, the champagne of beers so they say. We would sit and he would tell me stories about his days as a gunner on a B24 Liberator over Europe and we'd have a couple pops. He passed in 06', so that's my guilty pleasure....a crappy beer, in my opinion, with some of my best memories attached.

Great story! Raising a pint in his honor :mug:

I didn't know people didn't know about PBR! It is a way of life up here.
Though to be fair, they have no advertising campaign that I have ever seen.

Bird

Must have a regional distribution. Can't recall seeing it in the stores down here in Texas, but then again, wasn't looking for it either.
Pez.

I like a cold Schmitz during a hot day or a poker game. It reminds me of my grandpa because that's all he drank.

I keep some Miller Lite around but I don't really consider it a guilty pleasure. Not every night I want to drink a chewy stout or hoppy IPA. Sometimes I want something light and uncomplicated.

My really guilty pleasure are those Bacardi Mojitos. I haven't bought them for a long time, though. Utah's stupid laws mandated that they could only be sold in liquor stores, and the nearest one to me is about 9 miles away. And when I make the trip, I've got other things on my shopping list.

No one from The 'Burgh going to 'fess up about secretly enjoying Iron City? It's a pretty damn tasty beer, especially when it's super fresh right from your favorite drinking hole on the North Side...

Strawberry and lime koppenberg on a hot day or a heavy session. I know it's not real cider but is sweet and alcoholic. Please don't tell anyone lol

Pez.

Really?

I feel like every bar in Philly has $2 PBR cans. Its a hipster thing.

On a hot day working outside I really enjoy landshark. It drinks well in the warm heat.

Back