Do you enjoy brewing more than drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said! I found this thread after thinking I might be going crazy. I am actually starting to not like drinking. Perhaps its from working the night shift and never being able to make my schedule match with my fellow home brewers / friends. AKA, Im always drinking alone.

(Slightly :off:)Not to get too droney here, but I stopped drinking 3 months ago because SWMBO stopped drinking (Trying for our first). I was supporting her and clarifying my own body at the same time. I have just been brewing 5 gallon batches and giving them to my friends (kegs). I started letting up a little bit, maybe 1-2 a week, I feel groggy and generally crappy soon after. Maybe its a tolerance thing.

Point being, I have evolved to where I love to brew more than ever, but find myself spitting my Hydrometer tasters out during racking and kegging (like I'm wine tasting or something)LOL. Am I crazy?:confused:

I'd quit the hobby if I didn't drink. That's way too much time and money invested for something that I don't even get to consume. Drinking kicks ass.

I have brewed two batches of beer. The first five gallon batch was a bit cloudier than I expected, but it tasted great.
I let it ferment eight days. It bubbled for the first three or four days then stopped. I bottled it then let it sit room temperature for ten days.
After two days in the fridge I open a bottle, had great carbonation and it tasted really good. it was just a little cloudy.

Back