do you blame john for cheating on kate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah.... he's an *******........

actually no I take that back the ***** had it coming.............

wait who are we talking about anyway?

i try not too watch it, but it's allways on in the background while i'm on the computer reading about beer... and drinking beer...
what do you tell a woman with two black eyes????
NOTHIN, YOU DONE TOLD HER TWICE

SWMBO watches it all the time, unfortunately I see and hear it...I can't say I blame him, she was a beotch and treated him like a child.

Good for him, I say!

He should be given a medal for not killing that ***** in her sleep.

Course I bet shes hot in bet. All that crazy says yes.

i try not too watch it, but it's allways on in the background while i'm on the computer reading about beer... and drinking beer...
deez nutz are still right where they're supposed to be... in ur mom's mouth sweetheart

When swmbo started watching it years ago, I took one look and said, Geez these folks hate each other. WEll I was right, I been telling her Itoaduso for a couple weeks now.

deez nutz are still right where they're supposed to be... in ur mom's mouth sweetheart

I think you may have gotten the wrong quote... which makes this even funnier!!!

seriously dude, I was just messing with ya. I couldn't help myself what with the John and Kate and all ;)

i didnt use the wrong quote... i quoted myself and the reason ive actually seen the show. i dont believe my testicular fortitude shud be questiond. im sure everybody that has a wife or girlfriend has seen or at least heard about jon and kate, those little people in this big world, or ace of cakes outside of their own free will.

i didnt use the wrong quote... i quoted myself and the reason ive actually seen the show. i dont believe my testicular fortitude shud be questiond. im sure everybody that has a wife or girlfriend has seen or at least heard about jon and kate, those little people in this big world, or ace of cakes outside of their own free will.

What you watch on TV doesn't define you as a person, so I'm not questioning your "testicular fortitude". But it's a long way from "I sometimes overhear this show while I'm doing other things" to "I think I'll start a thread on a homebrew board about it".

C'mon, man, if you watch the show, you watch the show. Ducking it makes you look just as insecure as the "he-men" trying to pull your man card for watching TLC...

:D

taking up for your girlfriend? i was drunk and posted it on the drunken ramblings forum while it was in the background. if i watched the show, i would say i watch the show. calling me insecure only really proves that you don't have any nutz and can only start an argument behind your computer, otherwise you wouldn't have gave this thread a second look. it's ok honey.

I've watched the show, many times. THere I said it. Its amusing and the kids like it. Plus I was just waitin for John to tap that babysitter with the big ass.

I have to admit that I watch this with my wife sometimes. I watch a handful of episodes a year and after every one of them I tell my wife that I have no idea how he puts up with her bitchy ass... 8 kids or not, she'd have to straighten up or I'd be outta there.

I actually just found how what you guys are talking about. Somebody named Kate was on the Today show this week, talking about the paparazzi. I must live under a rock, because I've never heard of these people until this week.

Of course, I don't watch TV (except for sports) and don't get People magazine. We don't have very good cable available so we just skip it and I won't invest in a dish just to watch more Red Wings. I can tell I'm not missing much by not watching TV!

Fortunately, my wife hates reality shows just as much as I do so I don't have to put up with it.

All she watches are the forensics shows about women that kill their husbands and the mistakes they made and... hey... waitaminnit....

I think I'd rather she watch this stuff...

When our last child was born my Wife and I got stuck in front of the TV more then we would of liked. And we always were taken back at how ****ty John was treated. Not saying cheating is ever a good thing, but I don't feel sorry for her in this case. So many kids though, wonder how much cash they have socked away from the show?

.... or ace of cakes....

Bingo! How many godd**m cake shows are there on TV? What the hell is so fascinating about people making cakes all the time? Seems SWMBO is always watching those.

'Hey, I baked a cake!'
'Me too. Look at my cake!'
'Boy, I sure had problems making my cake.'
'I sure hope we get this cake baked in time for the party.'

'Be sure to tune in next week for more exciting cake making drama.'

I'm just waiting for the day they incorporate a plot twist.

'Hey, my cake is self aware. Does this mean we use a gun instead of a knife?'

I used to watch this show quite a bit (about a year ago). We just kinda stopped watching (I watch Two and a half men instead), but man, she was treating him pretty badly already. If it got any worse, no wonder he went somewhere else.
I believe John also said that Kate wasn't the same person he married, that she's always busy with her speeches and social occupations. I know this last episode, he said he was still doing this for his kids (obviously).

Me and my wife watch the show. My balls are still in my pants and I used to enjoy watching it. But yes she treats him horribly. It is sad for the kids that they are getting divorced, but despite the drama the TV brings, I think they're handling it right. They do fairly well about keeping life normal despite the business and fame they've created. and on that last episode, even though the parents aren't living together anymore, they are still both at the house for dinner. They don't have to like each other, but they do a good job of not being mean to each other in front of the kids.

But yes, I don't blame John for anything he did. I couldn't imagine the stress of 8 kids. On top of a wife like his.

OK, I'll confess, we used to watch the show when it was first on. the_Bean loved it (the kids are about six months older than her, IIRC). The whole "Kate's a *****" thing is hard to judge, though, because you don't know whether that really IS how she is, 24/7, or whether they just squeeze in the 22 minutes of bitchiness because that makes the best TV? She kinda reminds me of my sister (not necessarily good); she's a good person, but I'm sure I could find 22 minutes a day when she was a total BEYOTCH without looking too hard!

EDIT: Oh, and we stopped watching when it became completely clear they were using every ounce of fame to enhance their fortune without necessarily benefitting the kids. No one NEEDS a house the size of the one they bought (hell, my MIL grew up with five siblings in a house that MIGHT be 1200 sq ft). It just became ridiculous.

I believe this is relevant so I'll post it here:

The ****** is NOT a clown car! Hot dog, meet hallway.

OK, I'll confess, we used to watch the show when it was first on. the_Bean loved it (the kids are about six months older than her, IIRC). The whole "Kate's a *****" thing is hard to judge, though, because you don't know whether that really IS how she is, 24/7, or whether they just squeeze in the 22 minutes of bitchiness because that makes the best TV? She kinda reminds me of my sister (not necessarily good); she's a good person, but I'm sure I could find 22 minutes a day when she was a total BEYOTCH without looking too hard!

EDIT: Oh, and we stopped watching when it became completely clear they were using every ounce of fame to enhance their fortune without necessarily benefitting the kids. No one NEEDS a house the size of the one they bought (hell, my MIL grew up with five siblings in a house that MIGHT be 1200 sq ft). It just became ridiculous.
Not needed, but if you can afford to give your kids their own bedrooms I say go for it! they had 8 kids in 3 bedrooms before! It's find for as small as they were, but if you can afford to give them individual space when they're older +! for you.

Not needed, but if you can afford to give your kids their own bedrooms I say go for it! they had 8 kids in 3 bedrooms before! It's find for as small as they were, but if you can afford to give them individual space when they're older +! for you.

Actually I think the house is for the kids, but through the years it was clear that they were getting all this free stuff from companies and doctors. Like her plastic surgeries, his hair transplants. Even though, if it was me I would take free stuff, for the show, it just seemed like she was being a bit of a sell out. Maybe they should have done a better job of hiding that stuff. After all, the reason most folks were watching it, was because most folks could relate.

It's tough to say that if the handouts and big business show bettered their lives or lead to the current situation. But I'm betting without the show, they'd still be getting divorced. The divorce rate with multiples is just so high, throw in their young age when it all began, with their obviously clashing laid back vs controlling mentalities... At the least they set the future up for themselves and children financially.

Latest posts

Back