do I need this? 40 gal. conical cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd also have to have a way to keep it cool/warm. I'm thinking that thing won't fit in a fridge.... :cross:

Do keep in mind that according to the ad - no lid/ top...

Kinda wonder if he has any of those kegs in the pictures for sale...

Wow that is cheap even if a lid needs to be made and a clamping ring to complete it your a lot cheaper than what is available dollar wise. Maybe the manufacture of it has a lid and clamp ring available plus many more people are going into those bigger volume brews that are not much longer in time than those smaller volumes, just the added grain and hops bill costs..
Hell yes buy quickly, explain it to the War Department later if you must. Look what they charge for the Blichmann's with their extended dome to get to 42 gallons out of their 27 gallon instead of just building a 40 gallon without that optional dome. Dome alone cost more than that conical. Corner cutting price saving by Dayu they learn very quick. If I was close to me and had the extra coin I damn well would be there in a heart beat. Someone will snap it up from you should you decide to go smaller after the purchase. You'll have no worries about head space besides the Co2 will cover the extra volume. Grab it now I demand you, well not that threatening. Report to us your added treasure find.
"OVERKILL" is not a word in my way of thinking, OVERPRICED IS.

No you don't need it 40gal is way too big. but you could probably use a few of those empty kegs

Back