Do I need the kegerator cleaning kit from AHS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
It's $50. Is it money well spent? The description doesn't say what all is in the kit. I could use some advice before the sale is over.

Thanks all.

I bought one and quite like it, I never have a keg free for dedicated cleaning so this worked out great for me. I bought it on their last HBT sale (10% off) and don't regret it at all. I bought the dip tube cleaning brush and the line cleaning brush to go with it.

I've put the line cleaning brush in my shopping cart and so I just have to pull the trigger now. What all is in the kit? You refer to some kind of cleaning vessel. Is this like a mini keg that pressurizes to push cleaner through the lines?

It comes with a container that holds 1L of BLC solution (or water) which has a pump on top. The line connected to it connects to your shank (you remove the faucet) and then pump a few times and gravity takes over. It also comes with a brush so you can give your faucet a nice thorough cleaning while it's off. I believe it came with a faucet wrench as well but I may be remembering wrong.

SWMBO made a good point. She said that beer line brush would drive the shipping way up because it's so long. I think I'll subtract that from my order and pick one up locally.

Thanks for your advice, Brad.

Back