Do I need a new CO2 Regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjack

Reaction score
I've got, like many of you probably do, a system that's a hodge podge of epuiptment. I'm trying to get my draft system running because I'm having trouble with my regulator and I'd like to know if it can be salvaged or if it's more trouble then it's worth.

The regulator I believe was designed for welding. It's a dual valve regulator. The gauge reading the tank pressure reads from 0 to 4000 psi and the other starts a 10 and goes to 60 psi (I'm assuming this gauge is referring to psi, tho it doesn't say so anywhere on it like the other gauge does, it does say CFH on it).

I'm confused mostly about the second gauge because other brewing regulators I've seen start at o psi and work up, I'm confused as to why mine starts at 10. It seems to work well but I have no idea of the accuracy of it's readings. I'd like to know some tests to check if this thing can give accurate results.

Thanks for reading any help is greatly appreciated.

you can buy a gauge at a welding supply store to check the pressure. basically, as long as you have a nice easy flow of C02 you're in the clear. honestly, I have a gauge with a lower threshold, and it's almost never below 12 psi. I think you should be ok.

I suspect it'll work I'd just like to know what pressure it's really at. I think when it says 10 it's really at 0. But that logic might be totally flawed

Latest posts

Back