Do I have to have a CO2 distributor? Noob Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

My wife said I could build a kegerator for my birthday! Best birthday ever.. So I am full of questions.. I am going to go with a standard refrigerator conversion and use corny kegs.. I want at least 4 taps and maybe more.. So my question is, do I need a C02 splitter/distributor to run more than one keg off of a CO2 tank?

With a single reg, you would need a splitter or manifold to have all of them under pressure at once. You could just connect the gas to the one you want to pull, but that's a pain in the @$$. With using splitter/manifold you will be subjecting all kegs to the same pressure; that said, I would get shut off valves for all of them, so that way you could shut three off, and force carb one at 30 with out affecting the serving/carbonation PSI of the others. Hope this helps and let us know how it turns out- You'll be real happy with kegging over bottling- be prepared to drink, brew, and spend more!

With a single reg, you would need a splitter or manifold to have all of them under pressure at once. You could just connect the gas to the one you want to pull, but that's a pain in the @$$. With using splitter/manifold you will be subjecting all kegs to the same pressure; that said, I would get shut off valves for all of them, so that way you could shut three off, and force carb one at 30 with out affecting the serving/carbonation PSI of the others. Hope this helps and let us know how it turns out- You'll be real happy with kegging over bottling- be prepared to drink, brew, and spend more!

If the manifold has check valves, is that the same as shut-off valves?

If the manifold has check valves, is that the same as shut-off valves?

No, check valves prevent backflow and keep beer out of your regulator. Shut-off valves either block flow completely or allow flow in both directions.

Back