Do I have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
So the other day while driving to work I hit some black ice and my car did a 360 in the highway in about 65 mile per hour. I have a wife and 2 little girls so while my car is spinning I see an 18 wheeler coming my way so i thought i was done, there was nothing I could do to get out of the way so i closed my eyes and waited for the crash. I dont know what happen or how the driver of the truck managed to avoid me but nothing happend. Now the funny part of this story is that while I was sitting like a duck waiting to get run over the first thing that came to my mine was not my kids, not my wife but the lager i have fermenting at home..i thought I wasnt going to have the chance to enjoy it. Now do I have a problem???

I'm going to paraphrase this and put it in my signature. Classic.

Glad to hear you survived your near brush with death. I'd keep this thought between HBT and your therapist. Definitely not something you want to share with SWMBO.

On a serious note, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. The brain is a funny thing and I'll bet at the moment it just brought up the most recent thing you had been thinking about, which when you have something fermenting away is usually your beer.

Matt

You are 100% correct I was thinking about my beer right before it happened but I will say one thing, I check on my beer everyday to make sure the beer is on schedule that day I just went home and took the family out and enjoyed them so much that I actually forgot to check the beer. I just thought it was weird the thoughts that went thru my head at that time...

Maybe that thought is what saved you. Had you really given up and accepted that you were all gonna die you probably would have been smashed. Now you can just go home and get smashed in a good way.

So the other day while driving to work I hit some black ice and my car did a 360 in the highway in about 65 mile per hour. I have a wife and 2 little girls so while my car is spinning I see an 18 wheeler coming my way so i thought i was done, there was nothing I could do to get out of the way so i closed my eyes and waited for the crash. I dont know what happen or how the driver of the truck managed to avoid me but nothing happend. Now the funny part of this story is that while I was sitting like a duck waiting to get run over the first thing that came to my mine was not my kids, not my wife but the lager i have fermenting at home..i thought I wasnt going to have the chance to enjoy it. Now do I have a problem???

Yes. The only way to correct this is to implement a will that states that any and all beer you have in any level of production or bottled is to be placed in youir casket so you may enjoy it in the afterlife.

Back