DMEmart.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it but I checked out the website. I might order some on Friday free shipping to boot. The hops website listed on that site is a pretty good deal too!

I got a great hop deal from NorthernBrewer! I got something like 32oz for $25 including shipping... I was a happy camper that day! Unfortunately theyre in bulk bags and I'll have to find a way to keep THAT MUCH hops fresher as long as possible.

scottmd06 said:
I got a great hop deal from NorthernBrewer! I got something like 32oz for $25 including shipping... I was a happy camper that day! Unfortunately theyre in bulk bags and I'll have to find a way to keep THAT MUCH hops fresher as long as possible.

Put them in your freezer immediately and keep them there. Don't let them thaw out. If you have a foodsaver or other vacuum sealer, use it every time you open them to get some out, or repackage into smaller portions. Do those and they will last a good long time.

Sweet. Should I put the 8oz packs right in the freezer?

Yeah shove them in and let them chill out. Check for coupons on food savers, I picked mine up from Kohls for cheap and it came with a few bags plus jars that I use for priming sugar, DME and Lactose.

A guy in Minnesota told me about the hopsdirect site. Might jump on some of this DME until I decide to go allgrain

Has anyone ordered through this retailer? Just wondering how fresh their supplies are and if they really ship free... Thanks!
I've been ordering from them for almost a year now. Very satisfied, very quick order handling and shipping which is free. I've only purchased their light (Pilsen) malt and always seemed to be fresh to me.

Been using DMEmart for about a year... yep... fast USPS shipping, well packaged in 3 lb bags... and yes.. it's free shipping...

Back