DME added to Mr Beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFBass

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm looking to add some DME to my remaining Mr Beer extracts instead of using that booster they supply you with. As Mr. Beer products are still hard to find in Ontario, as well as unable to ship to Canada from their site, I'm looking for some 3rd party DME's or general Extracts to add to my remaining can of Canadian Draught, and Wheat beer.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

how about amounts? I know this can be a bit up to my personal tastes, but to make something balanced? Like half of a 3lb bag, so 1.5lbs?

Thanks for the input

Get qbrew and put in the kit and how much dme you want to use and see where the projected starting/final gravity is at and if you think that'll be where you want it.

For the first Mr Beer kit I did the WCPA and used 2 lbs of straight corn sugar (I used the booster in some wine) ended up with a 1.060 at 78F gravity and it should end up in the 6% ABV range. My next Mr Beer will be the Bock kit and I'll probably add a pack of GOOD yeast to what came with it and enough amber dme to shoot for a SG of the 1.07 range for a really kicking final product.

Probably will use the Mr Beer for tests and "off the wall" ideas after this since I already went and got like 3 6.5G fermenters and stuff so I can brew full batches, hoping to work my way slowly to AG over the spring/summer.

Most of the guys on the Mr. Beer forum or mrbeerfans dot com use 1lb of DME to replace the package of booster or a can of HME or UME. You can find some pretty good recipes on both those forums that don't use anything more than DME and steeping grains, which is pretty much extract brewing on a small level. Check them out, you'll see.

Ron

Back