diy remote keezer to taps glycol line cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorsbro

Reaction score
Say i have a keezer in a back room, and i want to run say 25' to taps, heres my idea

place say a 50' coil of 3/8" copper in your keezer, have it connected to a pump outside of the keezer, then run a hose along the beer lines running down the lines and back to the coil, (maybe even through a glycol cooled tower)insulate the crap out of it and have cold beer all the time.... wouldnt this keep the beer in the lines cold?

the reason for thinking this is
1- commercial cooled beer lines etc=expensive
2- keezers dont look so great
3-cheap
4-cold beer

I just got done posting my build.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-beer-line-chiller-241066/
I only used 10 feet of copper tubing and at the present time recirculating water. I get the temp inside the insulation down to around 48 degrees tested by a thermometer inserted inside the insulation in my tower. I might get some glycol down the road to try and drop the temp further.

i think to drop the temp down even further in the line you would need a dedicated small freexer to place the controller in with an inline temp probe on a controller kicking the freezer on and off . Or have a recirculating beer line, but i think that would cause more problems like agitation...

Back