DIY keg washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Hey guys, my partner and I are home-brewers making the leap to a commercial brewery. We are asking for help with funding a DIY keg washer. Any help would be greatly appreciated both with knowledge for the project and any contribution to assist in funding.

A bit about the build...
We are headed down the Arduino pi powered road. A touch screen interface to keep it user friendly. We were originally thinking (3) vessel but may ultimately only use (2) vessels eliminating water rinse tank in lieu of plumbing direct.

Current design depicts 5.5kw in caustic/acid vessel and a sanitizer vessel at ambient. We will use electric ball valves to keep the costs down. Hopefully this is ok as we see most builds incorporating pneumatic angle seat valves.

We plan to incorporate a pressure transducer along with solenoid valves on the gas side to accurately pressurize kegs when cleaned to 15-30psi.

Check it out, any help would be appreciated!

https://www.gofundme.com/project-cooperage-blueprints-for-keg-washer

Good luck with your endeavours. Have you seen the recyclable kegs? The guy who owns a little pub in town was telling about these things . Said they cost around 15$ for a sixth keg I believe .

Good luck with your endeavours. Have you seen the recyclable kegs? The guy who owns a little pub in town was telling about these things . Said they cost around 15$ for a sixth keg I believe .

Thankyou! Yes we actually have a few. They are badass little kegs for $15 bucks

Back