DIY glycol tank idea.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I went out and bought a 5k BTU window air conditioner (used). I slowly bent the copper pipes running to the evaporation so they stood up vertically and put them in a cheap, 50qt ice chest. I'm about $120 into this project. It should be completed soon. My glycol should arrive by the weekend so I can test it out with my 14 gallon BME chronical. I'll take some pics if anyone is interested. :)

Yesterday I went out and bought a 5k BTU window air conditioner (used). I slowly bent the copper pipes running to the evaporation so they stood up vertically and put them in a cheap, 50qt ice chest. I'm about $120 into this project. It should be completed soon. My glycol should arrive by the weekend so I can test it out with my 14 gallon BME chronical. I'll take some pics if anyone is interested. :)

Excellent, show your design!

Now that I have a system that can handle 3 primary fermenters I am sad that work has kicked back up again full-time+ because I don't have any time left for fermentations! My chiller is acting like a petulant teen, giving me the hairy eyeball every time I walk by. It's soooooooo bored.

Back