DIY Brewing table/desk/grain storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercarbuilder

Reaction score
I've needed a sturdy place to set my brewing equipment and supply's during the brew day. I also wanted a place for a computer to use Beersmith and surf the web/forums/etc. I also wanted to build a cabinet for my bulk grains that would keep the mice out. I built this in about a half a day with a circular saw drill and wood glue, it wasn't very hard but it was much over due.

First thing was to fire up the wood stove and warm up the barn for the dog and me.

IMG_20131118_131001_473.jpg

I started the 2x4 frame that would later have plywood sides. I wanted it to be super strong so I could put any equipment on it that I would ever need.

IMG_20131118_113602_188.jpg

IMG_20131118_123408_384.jpg

I routered all the visible plywood edges.

IMG_20131118_130116_195.jpg

IMG_20131118_130121_420.jpg

IMG_20131118_132653_440.jpg

This will be the bulk grain storage bin

IMG_20131118_132715_159.jpg

This is the side that I'll sit at with my roll around stool and will hold the computer

IMG_20131118_145931_592.jpg

Grain storage complete with door and top

IMG_20131118_151126_322.jpg

This is the computer side complete

IMG_20131118_154103_137.jpg

Looks great, nicely done.. Show us more pics of your brew rig/stand :)

Nice mill station BTW..

Looks great, nicely done.. Show us more pics of your brew rig/stand :)

Nice mill station BTW..

Thanks! I thought about incorporating the mill into the table somehow with a small cabinet for the grain bucket but it just took up too much space. The mill is on an old sewing machine table with the bottom removed.

Looks good. I don't know how damn it is in your basement but I would consider staining/sealing that wood up before it gets moldy.

Lies! I see a router and a drill there too! :D

But really, that looks great and your dog looks like a really good dog. :)
I too would stick a coat of poly on it or something, just to seal things up and all. Also, are you basically clamping things down with a bungee? That is brilliant! I didn't have a 40" clamp when I was building something and had to get creative. Had I thought of the bungee cord idea then I could have saved myself a ton of hassle.

Looks good. I don't know how damn it is in your basement but I would consider staining/sealing that wood up before it gets moldy.

That's a good idea, I may do that still if I decide on a color or stain. It's in my barn though with a dehumidifier so it's dry. :rockin:

Lies! I see a router and a drill there too! :D

But really, that looks great and your dog looks like a really good dog. :)
I too would stick a coat of poly on it or something, just to seal things up and all. Also, are you basically clamping things down with a bungee? That is brilliant! I didn't have a 40" clamp when I was building something and had to get creative. Had I thought of the bungee cord idea then I could have saved myself a ton of hassle.

Plywood warped a bit so that's on there to keep it tight for the mice. I have a guy that makes cabinet doors for garage storage etc that I might use after I build more storage in the house.

Back