DIY basement bar build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leasureryan

Reaction score
Building a bar in the basement. Got my Kegerator, full of Columbus IPA of course, Got the soffit built, dry walled, finished, got the LCD color changing lights mounted behind the soffit, getting it painted tonight and the LED dimmable can lighting hung and wired tonight. Should be able to start the bar build this weekend
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

lol thanks guys. All I know is that dimming these new LED can lights is kinda tricky. nothing is compatable when it comes to LED's, smoked 1 dimmer already. But the lights are in, and working, just need to get a new compatable dimmer. starting bar build tonight. This is getting expensive

Hey dig the blue ambient. Lookin forward to seeing more as it progresses.

yeah I like the blue too. It does every color though from white to purple/pink, etc. Pretty neat for $50 from Lowes. Has 14 modes, even has a mode where it changes color with the music. havent tried that mode yet

Paying attention as I need to start on a bar after finishing the brewery. Nice start.

why do you have tho notches in the interior base board that will be inside the bar?

you have that little step in front of the bar base (looking towards the wall from the outside) and the back piece has a lot of little 3" - 8" notches. Just wondering what the purpose is

because I had small pieces of wood laying around and a full length piece wasn't needed.

Ready to
Put the sub top on. Still haven't got my molding. That stuff is pricey! Waiting for that until I put the actual top on

image.jpg

13.5' of bar top out front, 1 seat 3' on each side, buying 20' of molding. It's about $10/ft

Thanks man! It's been time consuming and has put a small hole in my pocket, but it's been fun. Putting the subtop on tonight.

Looks great and I may copy it for the bar I need to install in my basement. My bar would only be 7' long though. Do you have a work surface behind the bar?

Almost Famous Brewing Company

yes I will have a lower level, cutting/mixing/pouring area in the corner, over top of the kegerator. the kegerator needed to stick out further than the bar, so I will utilize that area. Going to mount the tap on top of the bar.

Got my bar stools. Started staining. Laying the actual bar top tonight. Got the glass rail cut out. Top is glued and screwed. Bar molding goes on in the morning

image.jpg

This is the bar rail I chose.... Because it's what's available close, although not cheap, it really makes the bar in my opinion. Every detail counts, so I cannot skimp out on the molding

image.jpg

Back