DIY and Funky Homemade parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going all-grain this summer, and I want to know if anyone can put up a list showing the various DIY equipment that people have scrounged, made, or stole. I need to do it on the cheap, and I KNOW you guys have some cool ideas!

I already have the basics for extract brewing, now just want to make the jump to AG. Any pictures?

hit the DIY section and look for FlyGuy's MLT post. that'll be your best DIY for mashing.
build one of those, and get yourself a turkey fryer with an 8gallon pot (or larger) and you're in business for All Grain.

As a side note, when you are getting your equipment together, head to the local thrift store. I picked up a nice full sized coleman cooler for a fiver. I think new they can be 35-50 bucks. They also had a 5 gal carboy that they were using as a tip jar.

I'm going to hit the Jow of Brewing book again and read up on AG. It's been a long time since I read up on it. Then I can look at all the equipment and know what it is for. Lucky for me spring is still a couple of months away. I am almost finished with te garage (auto shop and brewery!) ;)

Back