Quantcast

Diversol poison

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

grasshopper1917

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
435
Reaction score
15
Location
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I sanitize my bottle by soaking them in Diversol (pink powder stuff). What I have read people are very adimant to tripple rinse everything! Is this stuff dangerous - in otherwords if trace ammounts are left in the bottle will it make ya sick?

Would it be ok to give it a good single rinse in hotwater? Or how about even a double rinse?
 

bradsul

Flyfisherman/brewer
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Sep 12, 2006
Messages
4,889
Reaction score
42
Location
Ontario, Canada
It is bleach based, that is why you need to rinse. Basically rinse until you can't smell it anymore and you're fine. You might want to consider getting yourself some starsan or iodophor, they really do make life much easier.
 
Top