Dishwater-like flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
This is the second time I've ever brewed a beer that has a dishwater-like quality to it. The last one was over a year ago. Anyone know what this might be caused by? It tasted like I brewed with dishwater and it's unsettling. My process went as planned, everything was smooth, except the final product.

8 gal batch:
92.5% Marris Otter
5.7% Malted Oats
1.8% Chocolate Malt

66g Willamette at 60 min
42g Willamette at flame out

S-04 yeast. SG 1.040, FG 1.011, IBU 28

Everything tasted fine in hydrometer sampling, but now that it's on tap it's weird (last time this happened in bottles). My keg and lines were cleaned before tapping this one. Any ideas?

It's not so much soapy as just unclean. But, my glasses are clean (they're actually brand new and I cleaned them pretty good before use), and it was only in the primary for two weeks. First draw was a week ago while it was still pressurizing and it tasted fine. So right now, in my mid, it sounds like it's the tap itself. But what do I know!

Back