dishwasher Sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do! I haven't had any issues doing it yet either. The only problem that I've run into so far is that the bottles take forever to cool down. Now I just run the dishwasher at night before I go to bed and bottle in the morning.

Lots of people do although I do not............

Be sure that you do not have a rinse agent or any dishwasher soap as they both tend to create issues with possible off flavors in the conditioned beer. Also inspect the bottles carefully to be sure there is no remaining gunk in them as it is sometimes difficult for the water action to get up into the bottles.

...be sure there is no remaining gunk in them as it is sometimes difficult for the water action to get up into the bottles.
I doubt enough water gets that high up through those narrow necks to clean anything.

I always scrub them well with a bottle brush, washing soda, rinse a few times and then sanitize with Starsan. The dishwasher can be used to "sanitize" clean bottles but I would not rely on it for cleaning the inside.

Back