Discount Turkey Fryer Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAbrewer07

Reaction score
I picked up a 30 qt aluminum pot/propane burner kit at Lowes today for $25 plus tax. This is the time of year to get this stuff at at discount. If you're interested it might be worth your time to check local stores that carry this as a seasonal item.

Good luck.

I actually picked one up for $27 at Target before Christmas. It beats the hell out of the stove. I did a test boil to get some oxidation in the pot and it brought 5 gal of water to a rolling boil in 13 min.

Our local Target store is closing them out this week at $20. If I didn't already have two, I would jump right on that. :) More seriously, having an extra burner and pot around comes in handy if you are doing all grain. Use one for hot liquor tank and the other for a direct heat mash tun or for starting the boil on first runnings while finishing the sparge on the rest. You can even use this for a double batch day or for a friend to brew his own batch while you are doing yours. Having a spare is also handy in case something malfunctions on the other one.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company.

I got one of the Target ones for $27, and then found one of the Bayou Classic 44 quart Stainless kits at Costco for $50 yesterday. It was the very last one though, sitting all alone on a pile of toasters. I'm thinking it was probably an unopened return or something.

Back