Dirty Fingers Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you that my level if incompetence is increasing with each brew. Each time I start I think this will be the time things go as planned. My most recent batch was my worst! mistake #1 Never Ever start a batch just because the kids are being really good. The second I started it turned into a three ring circus. I had more dirty little hands grabbing my sanitized tools than tou could shake a stick at....trust me i was shaking a stick at them :) The icing on the cake was my youngest daughter 1 1/2 stuck her hand in the wort when I was pitching the yeast. If this batch doesn't get infected it will be a miracle. if this turns out it will be called Dirty Fingers now all I need is a label ;p

No worries man. I've had hop pellets fall on the floor. I have dog hair all over the house despite my efforts. Your yeast is likely to win the war with germs.

I find that threatening my child with the loss of limbs usually keeps him away from my wort. :)

On a serious note though, I have my son help with the basics. I know you have 3 but maybe you can ask the oldest to help you and give him/her a buck or two when the brewing is over if he/she will keep the other two out of your hair while you brew.

:tank:

...On a serious note though, I have my son help with the basics. I know you have 3 but maybe you can ask the oldest to help you and give him/her a buck or two when the brewing is over if he/she will keep the other two out of your hair while you brew.
Yikes, don't start with paying them for babysitting younger siblings yet! You'll be paying forever ;)

I just tell my 2 1/2 year old daughter that she can't have any of my beer unless she helps me out and also behaves. Works great!

LOL I hope everything works out and I get some good beer out of it. My oldest would be probably be helpful but I'd have to give him a stick to beat the other two away with. Once I get everything setup in the garage things will go better I hope. I have to try and get some wine into the secondary tonight. Hope I can keep the fingers out.

Yeah, my son (4.5) and my dtr (2.5) like to see everything that I do. My dtr stuck her face into the fermentation bucket once, took a couple of breathes, declared it yucky and ran away. My son likes to play with the equipment, until I got him involve by explaining what I am do and letting him stir. He behaved but after a while he got bored and also ran away. Now I brew at night after they go to bed. Besides it's cooler at night, and much quieter.

Primary: Dark Cherry Ale
Secondary: none
Drinking: light Ale and Cream Ale.

Back