Direct TV Remote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd normally say that you were completely off-topic, but it's your topic, so I will roll with it! ;-)

If it's controlling a DVR, it might be the DVR itself. With all the upgrades DirecTV has done to the software, the older DVRs have become slow. My HR22 can be very slow at times.

If it's in infrared mode, see if you can change it to RF mode. (you can google how to do that)

Change the batteries.

Cheers!

PackerfaninSanDiego said:
Control sucks..takes for ever to change channels

It used to take a very long time for me to change channels. I'd have to turn the big dial to "UHF", then turn the little dial to "36". But then there's snow, so the clear dial gets fiddled with, and often the rabbit ear antenna had to be adjusted. ;)

I have a Roku app on my phone that is so much easier to use than the Roku remote. Another good thing is that if the remote gets lost or broken, I can still use the phone to access the service. Maybe there's a similar app for Direct.

I just upgraded to the new Direct TV Genie and she's blazing fast! sorry your remote is slow...maybe change the batteries?

Back