Dipping a glass...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherFinch

Reaction score
It might just be because I've had a few Yueng tonight, but I've been wondering for the the past few days...

Anybody have a habit of just dipping a pint glass into their finished pail brew and skip the bottling process?

I don't plan on not bottling, but I get a kick out of the fact that I now have five-gallons of my own drink (first brew), and have the ability to just... dip my glass in anytime I want a drink.

I always drink my hydrometer sample when I bottle, but trust me dude, get it bottled, wait three weeks, and then try it. There is nothing sadder than drinking the last bottle of a great beer when it has just reached its prime.

Oh yeah, congrats on the first brew, and welcome to a life long obsession. Waiting for a homebrew to be finished only gets easier when you brew often enough that there's always something new to try.

edited for druck spelling

You've officially made my signature. But that may just because I'm drunk as well.

Nothing wrong with the dip(sanitized dip) I had a full glass of my Vienna Pale Ale when I was bottling it up tonight!

AnotherFinch said:
It might just be because I've had a few Yueng tonight, but I've been wondering for the the past few days...

Anybody have a habit of just dipping a pint glass into their finished pail brew and skip the bottling process?

I don't plan on not bottling, but I get a kick out of the fact that I now have five-gallons of my own drink (first brew), and have the ability to just... dip my glass in anytime I want a drink.

Your gonna be screwed when you step up to kegging.

Haha, first off, I'd like to point out that I haven't, and won't ever do this.

I just thought it's funny that I have the ability to for the first time in my life.

Like someone handing you a big spoon and a trashbag full of peanut M&Ms.

And I feel I should've explained better (I thought my sig would give it away), I haven't started brewing beer yet, I'm working on my Apfelwein.

Don't worry, I plan on letting it age a few more weeks, then I'll bottle it.

Haha, first off, I'd like to point out that I haven't, and won't ever do this.

13 year update... I definitely just dipped glasses into the bucket of my first apfelwein and drank straight out of it, as did many of my friends, sigh.

Back then, I got as far as brewing the stuff but didn't think much past that part. Nowadays I'm doing it right. I've bottled and kegged a few beers since then, and now that I've come full circle back to apfelwein, I'm going to be bottling in glass, corking and shrink sealing it, and storing it in a dark place. I might even wait longer than a month and a half to start drinking it.

Please forgive me for the solo cup days.

Back