Dip tube brush supplier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shataway

Reaction score
I have two now. The first had larger diameter bristles and cleans well but may have been too large. It bent and kinked to the point that seems like it will break at any time. The second, which was to be a replacement and was purchased from a reputable online vender, is too small in diameter and does not make complete contact with the dip tube.

Does anyone have info on a really nice dip tube brush? Maybe from mcmaster?

Thanks,
Steven

Why don't you just make your own?

1) Get a piece of copper wire about 12" longer than your dip tube
2) Make a small loop at the end
3) Thread a small piece of cloth through the loop
4) Pull the cloth through the dip tube a couple of times

I have considered it. I have an old .22 cleaning kit that I might dig out and repurpose. Just looking for the best solution.

shataway said:
I have considered it. I have an old .22 cleaning kit that I might dig out and repurpose. Just looking for the best solution.

That what I do just pull out the old rifle cleaning kit and run a few patches down the tube.

I found a tube brush in mcmaster.com that I think will work. The part number is 7221T17. I used the hbt search function and that part number in a similar thread was found.

Thanks eveyone for the replies. I ordered the 1/4 inch diameter 7221T17 plus 7221T19 and 7221T21. These are 3/8 and 1/2 inch diameter size to take care of sight glasses and blow off tubes.

Back