digital thermometer probe with 1/2" NPT threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steppenwolph

Reaction score
I have been looking and searching for a digital thermometer with a 4" to 6" probe (with some kind of cord) that would screw into the standard 1/2" NPT weldless thermowell that is installed on the typical DIY keggle. I really don't want to use the usual bimetal dial thermometer, since the accuracy and repeatability of these is not so good. My apologies if this has already been covered. I have been searching here and elsewhere with no good result. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or ideas for an alternative. I am just getting started brewing, and am more than a little blown away by all the componentry. Right now I am getting together the kit to convert a keg into a brew kettle. I am starting with five galon batches now, but want to do ten gallon all grain batches in the near future. I have an order placed with McMasters and BarginFittings, but I am not finding the thermometer of my dreams. Does it even exist?

I put together a PID & RTD Probe to use as a digital thermometer.

My thoughts were that use it to measure now and when/if you upgrade to any kind of automation, you have the PID ready to go.

I ended up putting it in a small project box from radio shack and eventually, added a second box to house SSR's & switches and an umbilical cord between the boxes for control lines.

BTW... Welcome to HBT.

Ed

Back