Digimash 65L wiring question - 220v three wire plug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
this is the plug it comes with, odd but kinda makes sense given that they're based on austrailian designs.
32395.png

nema 6-30P i believe. stats online say 65L unit is 220v 20a. but they're also saying there are three elements, 2kw, 1kw, and a 500w element.

so is this two hots and ground? or do they need a neutral? i ask because the neutral is required (as i understand it) when there's a 110/120 component involvled, and the 1kw and 500kw elements would seem to fit that description. not sure if thats the case here or not as euro /auz/uk wiring can be bit strange to us americans.

also- our utility provides 3 phase that is 208v so i understand our 220/240V class supply to also come in at 208v. which also makes me think no neutral.

but hopefully someone here can provide some insight? hoping to wire this up tomorrow and get a test brew in.

That's a 6-30P... two hots and a ground. 240VAC in the US. Standard supports 30A, but they can certainly draw less from it. The power ratings of the elements does not directly tell you the voltage they are running them on. In this case, there is no 120V... so they all run on 240VAC, but are just different impedances (resistances).

The 240V is split phase, not 3 phase. I dont think you should run it off two legs of a 3 phase supply.

its not being run off a 3phase supply, i was simply saying that our utility uses that type of power. mostly doesnt matter but every once it a while .... it does. and i think it had something to do with a 240v set up that needed a neutral, whereas others were 2 hots and a ground. dont remember the specifics, but thats why i need to know if this guy gets a neutral or a ground.

so i'll go with a 30A gfci at the panel, run two hot legs on 12ga along with a ground, and the 6-30r i got at the store. or do i need to do 10ga since the circuit is a total of 30a? i can never remember...

Latest posts

Back