diffusion stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcryan

Reaction score
i just bought my first diffusion stone. i just took it out of the package and was wondering if its transported with a cap over the stone for protection. it doesnt seem porous??? instructions doesn't say anything about removing anything?? anybody know what i'm talking about? cheers

I would imagine the plastic cap would come off. I didn't see a single image of a diffusion stone with one on and none of them look porous. Worst case, you put the cap back on!

The stone that I bought is stainless, a paper with it said not to touch it as the oil on your skin can plug the holes.

can you blow through it?

the fine stainless aeration 'stones/wands' out there do indeed look solid.

Yeah I have a .5 micron. It looks solid but it isn't. Remember .5 micron is freaking small...

scadieux said:
Yeah I have a .5 micron. It looks solid but it isn't. Remember .5 micron is freaking small...

To put it in perspective, .5 micron is .0005 mm or .00002 inches.

i just bought my first diffusion stone. i just took it out of the package and was wondering if its transported with a cap over the stone for protection. it doesnt seem porous??? instructions doesn't say anything about removing anything?? anybody know what i'm talking about? cheers

remove the cap before using and it is plenty porous for the O2.

Back