Difference in clarifying instructions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineIsRed

Reaction score
No problem – just curious...

I have done a bunch of wine kits (Pinot Noir, Barolo, Nero D'Avola), and I've noticed that the directions are usually very similar. Specifically, the directions have always indicated that it's *very important* to stir the sediment from secondary back into suspension before stabilizing and adding the clarifier. No problem... all my kits have turned out very nice.

I just transferred a Malbec-Shiraz to secondary... and the instructions indicate to transfer to a tertiary after ten days and then add the stabilizers and clarifier (chitosan).

Would anyone know why this kit (all the kits have been “Selection” kits) would be different?

i have no idea why they want you to stire the sediment up if your just going to send it to the bottom again, maybe it has something to do with the flavor or degassing, who knows, I would keep on trucking though dont worry about it.

Back